City of Las Vegas Announces Blockchain Week August 13th – 17th
The Las Vegas Clark County Nevada Board of Supervisors proclaimed that the week of August 13th will hereby be known as Blockchain Week in perpetuity.
According to the press release,
“Las Vegas is known globally as an innovative, technology-driven center of commerce, education, and entertainment. A place world-renowned for hospitality, convention services in the pursuit of innovators, entrepreneurs, and the next big thing, as Blockchain technology is an intuitive evolution of new and improved ways of doing business. It creates employment, opportunity, and empowerment, and the people of Clark County welcome new advancements, lively debate, and discussion of opportunity, innovation, change and growth in employment, finance, healthcare, advanced science and the arts.
NOW, THEREFORE, WE the board of Clark County, Nevada, do hereby proclaim August 13 – 17 as BLOCKCHAIN WEEK starting in 2018 and continuing from this point on.”
Kicking off the Las Vegas Blockchain Week is the ChainXChange superconference at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center from August 13th to August 15th.
Use the code CXCCC50 for 50% off because we love you.
Speakers at ChainXChange come from various industries and include:
- Steve Wozniak – Apple-Cofounder
- Paul Krugman – Nobel-Prize winner and New York Times Columnist
- Nicholas Thompson – Wired Magazine Editor-in-Chief
- Gary Vaynerchuk – CEO of Vaynermedia
- Tom Lee – Fundstrat Managing Partner and renown Wall St. strategist, formerly with J.P. Morgan and Solomon Smith
- Bob Shapiro – Founder of Legalzoom and Right Council
- Molly bloom – Moly’s Game Film inspiration and book writer
- Josh Constine – Techcrunch Editor-at-Large
- Kartik Gada – Stanford Professor of Artificial Intelligence and Blockchain
- Nina Nichols – Founder of Global Women in Blockchain
- Neil Sahota – IBM Watson Master Inventor
- and more! Plus performances from:
- Common – Grammy, Academy Award and Golden-globe-winner
In addition to speakers, ChainXChange features blockchain and cryptocurrency boot camps, venture capitalist panels, and expert debates on building businesses around the future of blockchain.
The speakers also present an interesting overarching dialogue, as crypto optimists such as Apple Co-Founder Steve Wozniak will share their thoughts on how blockchain businesses are going to be resilient to the several regulatory and entrepreneurial challenges moving forward, and crypto pessimists such as Paul Krugman will present their opposing arguments.
BlitzPredict is a blockchain sports betting platform which aggregates odds from several markets to provide clients with...
An analysis of the role of the nonce in the Bitcoin proof of work mining process, alongside...
In this Nxt beginner’s guide, you’ll learn how a blockchain is used to create a platform of...
BlitzPredict is a blockchain sports betting platform which aggregates odds from several markets to provide clients with the best odds when making a bet.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Alex is the Editor-in-Chief of CoinCentral. Alex also advises blockchain startups, enterprise organizations, and ICOs on content strategy, marketing, and business development. He also regrets not buying more Bitcoin back in 2012, just like you.