Coinbase Considering Adding Cardano, BAT, Stellar Lumens, Zcash, and 0x
Coinbase is exploring the potential addition of digital assets such as Cardano (ADA), Basic Attention Token (BAT), Stellar Lumens (XLM), Zcash (ZEC), and 0x (ZRX).
The renowned digital currency exchange notes that it cannot guarantee the listing of any of the above assets and that it may only enable certain ways to interact with the assets (ie. only supporting deposits and withdrawals from transparent Zcash addresses).
The full list of the assets and functionalities (guides linked for each) is:
- Cardano (ADA) is a smart contract platform that focuses on security through a layered architecture.
- Basic Attention Token (BAT) is a blockchain-based digital advertising token that is internal to the Brave browser. The purpose of BAT is to facilitate the payments from advertisers to users for viewing ads.
- Zcash is a publicly encrypted blockchain and scientific breakthrough in cryptography by using zero-knowledge cryptography known as zk-SNARKS.
- Stellar Lumens advertises itself as an open-sourced, distributed payments infrastructure, built on the premise that the international community needs “a worldwide financial network open to anyone.”
- 0x is an open, permissionless protocol allowing for ERC20 tokens to be traded on the Ethereum blockchain and will be used to power a decentralized exchange.
The San Francisco-based exchange recently faced vehement criticism from the cryptocurrency community for insider trading. Employees of the exchange were allegedly tipped off before the formal launch of adding assets such as Bitcoin Cash (BCH), securing a hefty profit for themselves knowing that the news of the addition would significantly increase the price.
Coinbase’s public statements such as this one are likely helping regain trust with their users, and are in line with their formal public announcement of adding Ethereum Classic in mid-June.
There is currently no formal release date for any of the above digital assets.
There are few industries or communities as closely linked as casino and cryptocurrency. Some of them are…
Welcome to the world of technical analysis, a trading approach that seeks to create pricing targets based…
With a 6% APY on BTC and 8.6% on stablecoins, the BlockFi Interest Account seems like a…
With a 6% APY on BTC and 8.6% on stablecoins, the BlockFi Interest Account seems like a ray of sunshine for digital asset holders that have grown used to having their holdings slosh around with market volatility. Let’s explore in our BlockFi review. The BlockFi Interest Account: It allows users to earn competitive compound interest…
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Alex is the Editor-in-Chief of CoinCentral. Alex also advises blockchain startups, enterprise organizations, and ICOs on content strategy, marketing, and business development. He also regrets not buying more Bitcoin back in 2012, just like you.