Coinbase Considering Adding Cardano, BAT, Stellar Lumens, Zcash, and 0x
Coinbase is exploring the potential addition of digital assets such as Cardano (ADA), Basic Attention Token (BAT), Stellar Lumens (XLM), Zcash (ZEC), and 0x (ZRX).
The renowned digital currency exchange notes that it cannot guarantee the listing of any of the above assets and that it may only enable certain ways to interact with the assets (ie. only supporting deposits and withdrawals from transparent Zcash addresses).
The full list of the assets and functionalities (guides linked for each) is:
- Cardano (ADA) is a smart contract platform that focuses on security through a layered architecture.
- Basic Attention Token (BAT) is a blockchain-based digital advertising token that is internal to the Brave browser. The purpose of BAT is to facilitate the payments from advertisers to users for viewing ads.
- Zcash is a publicly encrypted blockchain and scientific breakthrough in cryptography by using zero-knowledge cryptography known as zk-SNARKS.
- Stellar Lumens advertises itself as an open-sourced, distributed payments infrastructure, built on the premise that the international community needs “a worldwide financial network open to anyone.”
- 0x is an open, permissionless protocol allowing for ERC20 tokens to be traded on the Ethereum blockchain and will be used to power a decentralized exchange.
The San Francisco-based exchange recently faced vehement criticism from the cryptocurrency community for insider trading. Employees of the exchange were allegedly tipped off before the formal launch of adding assets such as Bitcoin Cash (BCH), securing a hefty profit for themselves knowing that the news of the addition would significantly increase the price.
Coinbase’s public statements such as this one are likely helping regain trust with their users, and are in line with their formal public announcement of adding Ethereum Classic in mid-June.
There is currently no formal release date for any of the above digital assets.
PancakeSwap: Your Recipe to a Sweet Life of CAKE Farming PancakeSwap is the world’s third most popular…
Cryptocurrency regulation has been a matter of discussion in the United States for a while now, and…
In the three years since its launch, Uniswap has amassed not only a huge user base but…
Cryptocurrency regulation has been a matter of discussion in the United States for a while now, and it appears to be that the same might be coming to an end soon. At the same time, cryptocurrency regulation could also witness a dynamic power shift from the Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) to the Commodities and…
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Alex Moskov is the Founder and Editor-in-Chief of CoinCentral. Alex leans on his formal educational background (BSBA with a Major in Finance from the University of Florida) and his on-the-ground experiences with cryptocurrency starting in 2012. Alex works with cryptocurrency and blockchain-based companies on content strategy and business development. He privately consults entrepreneurs and venture capitalists on movements within the cryptocurrency industry.
His writing has been seen in The Hustle, VentureBeat, Yahoo Finance, Harvard Business Review, and Business Insider. His articles on CoinCentral have been cited on publications like Forbes, TechCrunch, Vice, The Guardian, Investopedia, The Motley Fool, Seeking Alpha, and more.
He also regrets not buying more Bitcoin back in 2012, just like you.
You can connect with Alex on Twitter.